06-28-2019 12:28 AM - edited 06-28-2019 12:32 AM
currently I am trying to get Petalinux on my board. I´m working with a TE0720-03-1CF SoC on a TE0701-06 Baseboard. I want to boot my system using a SD-Card. To get Linux on my board via Petalinux I did the following steps:
1. Set up a Vivado project for ZYNQ-7 ZC702 Evaluation Board (because same processor as TE0720).
2. Set up a block design:
3. Generate Bitstream
4. Export Hardware and Export Bitstream
5. Create petalinux project: petalinux-create --type project --name name_of_proj --template zynq
6. Configure project for bitstream: petalinux-config --get-hw-description /path/to/folder/of/bitstream
8. Use Xilinx SDK to create bootimage:
9. Format SD-Card with FAT32.
10. Drag image.ub (from images/linux) and the created BOOT.bin on SD-Card.
But the system does not boot up. I guess I´m missing some configuration, but I have no idea where it supposed to be changed.
Do you have an idea where my mistake lays?
07-01-2019 06:38 AM
Hi @electronics_fan ,
Please create boot image(BOOT.bin) by skipping image.ub. So that you can try to debug if FSBL or U-boot fail to boot.
If still its not booting they try creating FSBL from SDK and try to execut whether fsbl is booting fine or not.
07-01-2019 10:49 AM
1. Do you mean, that I shall not include 'image.ub' while creating the Boot image?
2. By creating the FSBL from SDK you mean, that I shall select my Petalinux files from my project folder and the specific FSBL via the SDK, am I right with that?