cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Petalinux on TE0720

Hello,

currently I am trying to get Petalinux on my board. I´m working with a TE0720-03-1CF SoC on a TE0701-06 Baseboard. I want to boot my system using a SD-Card. To get Linux on my board via Petalinux I did the following steps:

1. Set up a Vivado project for ZYNQ-7 ZC702 Evaluation Board (because same processor as TE0720).
2. Set up a block design:

block_diagramm.pngBildschirmfoto vom 2019-06-28 09-17-42.png

3. Generate Bitstream
4. Export Hardware and Export Bitstream
5. Create petalinux project: petalinux-create --type project --name name_of_proj --template zynq
6. Configure project for bitstream: petalinux-config --get-hw-description /path/to/folder/of/bitstream
7. petalinux-build
8. Use Xilinx SDK to create bootimage:

creating_a_bootimage.png

9. Format SD-Card with FAT32.
10. Drag image.ub (from images/linux) and the created BOOT.bin on SD-Card.

But the system does not boot up. I guess I´m missing some configuration, but I have no idea where it supposed to be changed.

Do you have an idea where my mistake lays?

Best Whishes

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Petalinux on TE0720

Hi @electronics_fan ,

Please create boot image(BOOT.bin) by skipping image.ub. So that you can try to debug if FSBL or U-boot fail to boot.

If still its not booting they try creating FSBL from SDK and try to execut whether fsbl is booting fine or not.

Regards

Kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Petalinux on TE0720

1. Do you mean, that I shall not include 'image.ub' while creating the Boot image?

2. By creating the FSBL from SDK you mean, that I shall select my Petalinux files from my project folder and the specific FSBL via the SDK, am I right with that?

0 Kudos