cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reffum
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux-qemu segmentation fault.

I make Zynq-7000 project for ZC706 Development board. I use VIVADO 2016.2 and petalinux-2016.2. My OS: ArchLinux x64. 

I create VIVADO proect and implement it successful. I also create petalinux project and build it successful. But when I start QEMU simulation, segmentaion fault occurs. Why this error occurs?

I attach VIVADO HDF file.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@reffum

Can you share the boot log?

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
reffum
Visitor
Visitor

Segmentation faule occurs in qemu process, not simulation linux kernel. This is a program output:

[oleg@reffum trade]$ petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel
INFO: The image provided is a zImage
INFO: Set QEMU tftp to /home/oleg/work/trade/petalinux/trade/images/linux 
INFO: TCP PORT is free 
INFO: Starting arm QEMU
INFO:  qemu-system-aarch64 -L /opt/Xilinx/petalinux-v2016.2-final/etc/qemu -M arm-generic-fdt-plnx -machine linux=on   -serial /dev/null -serial mon:stdio -display none -kernel /home/oleg/work/trade/petalinux/trade/build/qemu_image.elf -gdb tcp::9000 -dtb /home/oleg/work/trade/petalinux/trade/images/linux/system.dtb  -net nic,vlan=1 -net user,vlan=1 -net nic -net nic -tftp /home/oleg/work/trade/petalinux/trade/images/linux -device loader,addr=0xf8000008,data=0xDF0D,data-len=4 -device loader,addr=0xf8000140,data=0x00500801,data-len=4 -device loader,addr=0xf800012c,data=0x1ed044d,data-len=4 -device loader,addr=0xf8000108,data=0x0001e008,data-len=4                                                                               
--------------------------------------------------------------------                                                      
Xilinx QEMU Jun  9 2016 13:58:40.                                                                                         
--------------------------------------------------------------------                                                      
Segmentation fault (core dumped)                                                                                          
[oleg@reffum trade]$    

I may also downaload core.dump for qemu process, but it very large for post.

0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@reffum

I was able to reproduce the issue. I am trying find the root cause of the crash.

Have you got a chance to try this in the latest version?

Regards,
Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
reffum
Visitor
Visitor

Now, unfortunatly, I have not a chance to try this project in latest version. But I try install latest version soon.

0 Kudos
astrome
Adventurer
Adventurer

Did you get any solution for the problem? I am facing the same issue on one of my projects after adding the device 10G/25G ethernet subsystem.
0 Kudos