UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor parampampam
Visitor

Problem with devicetree generation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to generate a device tree file with SDK 2014.4. I have already installed repositories like the guy in this topic: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Generate-device-tree-SDK-2014-2/td-p/509357
But when I try to create new BSP project, I get an error (look at my screenshot). In the SDK log I have the following message: make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Could you help me with this problem?

Regards.

Скриншот 2015-01-06 19.58.33.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor parampampam
Visitor

Re: Problem with devicetree generation

Jump to solution

Programmers of Xilinx can't deal with backslashes in TCL, lol.

To solve the problem I just replaced content of the line 786 in the file device-tree-xlnx-xilinx-v2014.4\device_tree\data\common_proc.tcl by following string:

foreach file [glob [string map {\\ /} [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*] {

Tags: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_cpu_cortexa9::generate : no files matched glob pattern, glob [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Are you seeing the below errors in the SDK log-

ERROR: [Hsi 55-1464] Hardware instance __EMPTY__ not found in the design
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1464] Hardware instance __EMPTY__ not found in the design

If yes, this is a known issue in 2014.4. and there is a patch to fix this issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Visitor parampampam
Visitor

Jump to solution

I only have 1 error. What patch are you talking about? Maybe, it can help me.

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution

Can you attach the error log? Also, did you source the device tree generator (for Vivado > 2014.1) from the github site? There are two variants of DTG - one for Vivado < 2014.1 and the other for Vivado > 2014.1

Attached pdf has the procedure.

Visitor parampampam
Visitor

Jump to solution

I downloaded the repository pack from github with tag 2014.4. You can see my SDK.log in attachment.

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution

I did encounter the same error while generating a device tree BSP using device-tree-xlnx-xilinx-v2014.4 repository and SDK 2014.4; however, this issue seems to occur only on Windows OS. I could generate the Device Tree BSP on a Linux machine.

A CR has been filed to address this on Windows machines.

In the meantime, can you try (if possible) using a Linux machine and let me know if its working?

0 Kudos
Visitor parampampam
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sorry, but I don't have a Linux machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor parampampam
Visitor

Jump to solution

Programmers of Xilinx can't deal with backslashes in TCL, lol.

To solve the problem I just replaced content of the line 786 in the file device-tree-xlnx-xilinx-v2014.4\device_tree\data\common_proc.tcl by following string:

foreach file [glob [string map {\\ /} [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*] {

Tags: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_cpu_cortexa9::generate : no files matched glob pattern, glob [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
ERROR : [Hsm 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_device_tree::device_tree_drc : invalid command name "hsi::utils::add_new_child_node"
while executing
"hsi::utils::add_new_child_node $os_handle "global_params""
(procedure "::sw_device_tree::device_tree_drc" line 3)
invoked from within
"::sw_device_tree::device_tree_drc device_tree"
[Hsm 55-1440] Error(s) while running DRCs.
15:21:37 ERROR : Error generating bsp sources: Failed to generate BSP.
15:21:37 ERROR : Failed to generate sources for BSP project device_tree_bsp_0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details.
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:178)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:163)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:131)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Is this the same error you had? Which line exactly you replaced. line 786 seems to be some comments. Please help
0 Kudos