dlwalter
Visitor
Visitor

Problems booting the pre-built petalinux images in 2016.2

Jump to solution

I am attempting to follow the workflow in UG977 as well as in the Xilinx wiki

When I create a new project using

petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name MyProject

I cd to that directory but the files are config.project, and two folders hw-description and subsystems.

The next step in the Xilinx wiki is to run the following command

petalinux-boot --qemu --prebuilt 3

Which failes with

ERROR: Failed to setup zImage \'home/user/XilinxWorkspace/MyProject/pre-built/linux/images/zImage\' to boot.  Image doesn't exist.

Which makes sense since petalinux-create did not include the pre-built image folder into the project.

Am I missing a step or does the Wiki and manual need to be updated?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@dlwalter

You can download the required BSP for 2016.2 from the link http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

Follow the instructions in UG1144 starting pages 17 & 34. This will allow you to extract the BSP and boot image on QEMU using pre-built images.

Regards,
Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
Please use the command- petalinux-create --type project -s <location of HW boards BSPs in PetaLinux Install directory>. This will create a prebuilt image.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@dlwalter

You can download the required BSP for 2016.2 from the link http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

Follow the instructions in UG1144 starting pages 17 & 34. This will allow you to extract the BSP and boot image on QEMU using pre-built images.

Regards,
Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

dlwalter
Visitor
Visitor
Yes, thank you. Neither the workflow tutorial (UG 1156) nor the Xilinx wiki page give a link to the BSP downloads like UG1144 does.

I was searching the zedboard.org site for the bsp, I didn't realize they were available on xilinx.com.
0 Kudos