08-04-2011 03:01 AM
I'd like to report the following problems which occur on (at least) the platform and core mentioned above.
1. There is a problem with the lib optimised memcpy (Platform options -> Optimalized lib function), which results in seriously mangled strings that are copied with the strlcpy() function in the kernel. I can only guess what happens elsewhere, but I'm guessing it's not pretty. I've not had (nor am I likely to have any later) time to look into this.
2. Using CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK (Kernel hacking -> Early printk function for kernel) breaks the system.
This is due to the reservation of TLB slot 63 by setup_early_printk() in arch/microblaze/kernel/early_printk.c with the function early_console_reg_tlb_alloc(). After more than 62 TLB misses, this gets overwritten and results in a kernel panic which cannot be displayed because the kernel has not yet initialised the console.
These things will have to be fixed sooner or later, but don't hold your breath for me to do it. I'm already running late in this project due to the bugs mentioned above.
Embedded software engineer,
08-04-2011 04:53 AM
To do a quick check, I enabled CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK and ONFIG_OPT_LIB_FUNCTION in the config file.I did not see any issue with Spartan6 (microblaze 8.10a).It would be great if you give more details of this problem that you had seen.
I tried this on the AXI based system.
08-04-2011 05:01 AM
08-04-2011 09:07 AM
Thanks for reporting this; we'll take a look and get it fixed.