UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mrizzi
Observer

QEMU linux image boot

Hello all,

I am trying to boot zu+mp soc board with guest linux kernal on qemu and its running but there is no message that its has been successfully booted or not

Does any one can help me with this.

I want to know what will be the message if It booted correctly and how long it will take to complete the process once we start the boot command.

How can I access the qemu monitor because when i tried to run with out -nographics its showing keymap error.

Thanks in advance!

regards

Rizwan

Qemuboot.PNG
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: QEMU linux image boot

Hi Rizwan

Are you able to boot with prebuilt images using this command:

petalinux-boot --qemu --prebuilt 3

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Observer mrizzi
Observer

hello shabbir,

I am trying to boot with prebuilt images in linux and qemu is running but I am not able to see any output through command prompt.

When I am not using -nographic its showing key map error.

When I am using addr = 0x1407f00 for system.dtb its showing requested region overlap(free= 0x000000008076200,if i am using this addr its running without error but its not showing message that is it completly booted or not, its just running infinite loop.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rizwan

Qemu_Linux.PNG
Qemuboot.PNG
0 Kudos
Observer mrizzi
Observer

Hello Shabbir,

Now I solved this issue and I am successfully able to boot the prebuilt images using that command. Now the xilinx emulator is loaded with linux image on it.

My next step is to load the application  onto to the hardware emulator on apu side and debug it to compare the performance.

My question is Do I need to run the command from normal linux teminal or on the emulator terminal.

Thanks

Regards

Shaik

0 Kudos

Hi Shaik

You need to run in th linux terminal that you have booted using petalinux qemu commnd

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Observer mrizzi
Observer

Hello Shabbir,

Thank you so much for your reply.

You mean I need to work on the terminal with emulated ZCU102 board. I tried by giving the commands in that terminal but the petalinux is installed in host linux and we should work on same path to use qemu commands.

2.Once I closed the emulated terminal Should I use petalinux boot again to boot prebuilt image?

Thank you,

Best Regards

Rizwan

0 Kudos