UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

QSPI zynq

Hello

If I program my zynq 7000 in such way that while power up it will boot up from QSPI with some predefined fsbl..Then every time I power up my zynq will behave according to this...How to change or remove from QSPI...

I am very new here..just a query

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: QSPI zynq

Please, take a look at this document http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_4/ug873-zynq-ctt.pdf , in particular section 5.2.5 'Botting Linux from QSPI'

Also, the QSPI contents are only used in QSPI boot mode. You can still use different FSBLs, u-boots etc. w/o changing the QSPI contents by booting from a different device, e.g. JTAG or SD card.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

thanx for reply...now with my zc702 , when I used to connect it with to my pc in serial terminal it used to show the some dafult test program..like press 1.to uart test ,2 for led test etc..as menitioned in UG926..but when I downloaded my program in qspi..when the board boot from qspi..it shows that particular program..How can I get back the previous program?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You overwrote the QSPI contents with your application. If you want anything else to be booted, you again have to overwrite the current content with the new one.

To get back the original application, you have to write the original files into QSPI.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

From where I could get that default program (UG 926) to download on QSPI..which comes with eery default zynq 7000
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Okay, this is really not obvious. Took me a while to figure it out.

I think, the original files are the zc702 base TRD. The most recent documentation is here http://www.wstest.wikispaces.net/Zynq+Base+TRD+14.4 (that wiki will replace wiki.xilinx.com soon).

The download link is kind of hidden on that page in the middle of a lot of text, so here it is: https://secure.xilinx.com/webreg/clickthrough.do?cid=201870&license=RefDesLicense&filename=zynq_base_trd_14_4.zip .

Currently, you require to login to download the file. I don't know if we can get rid of this requirement, but I'll try to find out.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

In order to restore the default flash contents on any of our evaluation boards, the Restoring Flash tutorial will walk you through the steps.  For the ZC702, it's under the Docs & Designs tab in the 14.4 designs area.

You must log in to download the file because there is a end-user license agreement on all Xilinx design files.  This login is the same as the login for the customer forums.

Good luck!

Explorer
Explorer

Hey xilinx 

I search documentation who explains how flash a botloader who contains the BOOT.bin or BOOT.mcs = (system.bit + zynq_fsbl_0.elf + my_application.elf) I want programe the flash of the zedboard.The documentation spoken before is not for the zedboard. The jumper are different. The steps is the same for a microblaze and a processing system Arm or not ? 

Best Regards. 

0 Kudos
Scholar milosoftware
Scholar

Boot jumpers on the Zed are the same as for the zc702, only it's a set of jumpers instead of a switch block.

The quick manual: Change the middle jumper, on=boot SD, off=boot QSPI. Leave the others as is, i.e. 1, 4 and 5 to off and 2 on.

0 Kudos
Scholar milosoftware
Scholar

Just copy  BOOT.bin to the root of a FAT formatted SD card to boot with it.

To put it into QSPI, just write the contents of BOOT.bin to the first sectors of the flash.

(Note that the bitfile will make it boot very slowly, be patient)

0 Kudos