Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliottal
Contributor
Contributor

QT 5.4.2 build problems

Hello,

I am following the QT & QWT Build instructions to configure QT for the zynq 7000.

The first steps that it says to do is this:

bash> export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-
bash> export PATH=/path/to/cross/compiler/bin:$PATH

I exported the CROSS_COMPILE as shown above however the second part about exporting the PATH I am not sure of, however I followed the zynq tools link provided in the prerequisites of the QT & QWT Build instructions page. There it says how to set up the tools and cross_compiler, and it says to do the following:

bash$ export CROSS_COMPILE=<x-tool prefix>
bash$ source <Xilinx Tools installation directory>/ISE_DS/settings64.sh # use settings32.sh on 32-bit operating systems

I am not sure what the ISE_DS directory is and I don't have that on my computer. I am running this on CentOS 7 btw. 

In my Xilinx installation directory I have DocNav    SDK    SDx    Vivado    xic

I went into the SDK/2018.2/ and ran source settings64.sh from there. 

As far as I am aware this should satisfy this first step I mentioned in the beginning? Here is again just to be clear:

bash> export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-
bash> export PATH=/path/to/cross/compiler/bin:$PATH

I went through the rest of the tutorial with no problems. I downloaded qt 5.4.2 from qt's download archive and ran the given commands in the tutorial to unzip the file. I then created the mkspec as also described and added the files (qplatformdefs.h and qmake.conf) to the /qtbase/mkspecs/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++/ directory.

My main problem is when I run the ./configure  command as shown in the tutorial. after running ./configure I get many of the same gmake errors and they all say "gmake: arm-Xilinx-Linux-gnueabi-g++: Command not found"

I am not sure why I am seeing this and I haven't been able to figure this out as of yet as I am still a newb.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

elliottal

0 Kudos
4 Replies
elliottal
Contributor
Contributor

I have a better idea of what is going on now but I am still unable to make it work. Just to be clear I am on Centos 7 and have Xilinx 2018.2 software tools installed and my goal is to have qt installed on my computer so that I can develop qt applications on the zynq processor. 

I have also seen this tutorial that shows how to install qt 4.8.5 and I tried that tutorial with the same result as before.

In my own investigation, I followed the paths that were set by the settings64.sh file located in Xilinx/SDK/2018.2 directory. I realized that arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- toolchain is nowhere to be found. I guess it is deprecated in newer versions of Xilinx tools? So this is why I am having my error? In my search for the toolchains that are located in the path after sourcing the settings64.sh file I found aarch64-linux-gnu- located in Xilinx/SDK/bin/gnu/aarch64/lin/aarch64-linux/bin so I tried using this instead of arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- (keep in mind that i don't even know if i should use it, i just thought i would give it a try) however I got the same error which is: gmake[1]: aarch64-linux-gnu-g++: Command not found. I can enter aarch64-linux-gnu-g++ into the command line though and it returns fatal error: no input files which shows that it is in the path so i'm confused at to why gmake isnt finding it. I did edit the file qmake.conf file as directed in the "buiding qt" section of the tutorial that I mentioned and i used aarch64-linux-gnu- instead of arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi. So why gmake can't find it is odd to me since it seems that it is in the path. 

Since arm-xilinx-gnueabi- toolchain is not there anymore which one should I use and if somebody can point me in the right direction to get this straight that would be much appreciated. 

elliottal

0 Kudos
elliottal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again, I am still at a loss here and any help would be appreciated. It seems that the instructions are not up to date with the software which is making this quite confusing for me. the directions say to use the cross compiler arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- however that does not seem to be included in 2018.2 tools. the Install Xilinx Tools wiki page shows that the cross compiler is arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- (maybe im wrong) but that doesnt seem to be the case. 

I have installed the zynq base TRD 2015.4 on the zc702 dev board and am trying to use that as a starting point to develop my own qt application. Since I am using TRD 2015.4 I am using this wiki page to build qt 5.4.2 and qwt 6.1.2 which is used for the 2015.4 TRD. I cannot get past the configure step as I am not sure how to properly set up the cross compiler since the arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- does not seem to be there in the 2018.2 tools. 

Can somebody help me with the process to configure the qt and qwt and what the cross compiler should be with the 2018.2 tools? 

0 Kudos
sandeepg

Hi @elliottal,

Officially Qt-5.9.2 is tested with 2018.x tool chain I'm not sure 5.4.2 is tested with 2018.x tool chain.

I would suggest to use 2018.2 petalinux or yocto toolchain to build Qt apps.

Note: Zynq Base TRD is not supported for 2016.1 and later release.

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
si_thutun
Visitor
Visitor

Hello. 

I am having same problem. Could you make progress?

I am using Ubuntu14.04, Vivado 2015.4 within virtual box. 

> XSDK --> when video_qt file is marked as target and build makefile , it says "Could not find the qmake configuration file arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++".

>QT build --> when I run "./configure -xplatform arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++" , it is not found.

./configure -xplatform arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++./configure -xplatform arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++

>> But  it runs fine when I use "./configure " only. (But I don't think that would obtain the result I want.)

So, I believe "arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++" would be the problem.  Would it be because I PATH it wrong way?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos