UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Qemu-flash

Hello Xilinx,

I am trying to boot QEMU with QSPI- Dual Parallel mode and it show this error.

Can you please look into it and help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Capture4.PNG
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Qemu-flash

Hi

check the following link: 

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842060/QEMU#QEMU-RunningaLinuxKernelImageInQEMU

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842054/QEMU+-+Zynq-7000

It gives running stuff , which worked for me.

Provide Kudos if pot is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

G Satish Kumar
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Thank you so much for your reply. My requirement is to run the boot loader and application which is developed by our company.

Actually I am working on my thesis. with xilinx zynq ultrascale+mpsoc emulator I just have to work with the apu.

On apu we are using the GHS-RTOS and the application software.So I am trying to flash that software onto apu.

Could you please help me if you have an idea how to do this.

Thanks and regards 

Rizwan

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

You are trying to run application with RTOS, one I have shared in previous post is 

Linux kernel running on Zynq Qemu. 

If Appliacation is going to run on the GHS-RTOS, check Zypher RTOS , which will support RTOS works on top of Linux Kernel , and so you can run you application with RTOS.

Zynq boot loader + Linux kernel + Zypher supported RTOS + End application.

this set up is because you are using Zynq Emulator.

Provide Kudos if post is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

G Satish Kumar
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Hello Satish,

Thank you so much for your support, I have few doubtd regarding the flashing procedure.

My case is when we flash in the software in real hardware soc they are binary files which will flash separately for bootloader and application.In application its combined with the GHS-RTOS and the applications and this are in binary files.But to flash the hardware emulator I need .ELF files.

Do I need to flash the bootloader firstand then operating system and application on top of it separately.

For RTOS kernal can I follow the steps for linux kernal image flash in xilinx wiki 

If this is the case should I flash bootloader from xilinx or I can flash the one provided by the company for zynq board.

could you please support me in this.

Thanks and regards

Rizwan

0 Kudos
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Hi satish , 

For your info that I am doing this qemu flashing in windows.

Is there any other procedure for the windows or same for both linux and windows.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

1. Better you install virtual box with linux in Windows PC and start doing the same, so it is easy to do everything becuase all wiki pages supports to Linux & every one follows the same.

2. Boot loader file is already present in the Qemu Emulator , if you observe clearly , you will provide in qemu, .dtb, .uImage, Initramfs but not boot loader files, because it is already presented in Qemu folder.

you are not touching exisitin gboot loader in Qemu emulator.

3. If Application is running indpendently with separate libaries from File system , then there is no Zephyr support required, I think in your case, application is independent entity & can run from secondary disk.

4, Check more blogs of running application on Linux , that gives basic idea & keep post your questions, we can help you out.

Provide kudos if post is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

G Satish Kumar
0 Kudos
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Hello,

The requirement is to run the qemu on windows machine and to flash the Greenhill Integrity RTOS kernal on the emulator and run the application on top it .Somehow I should manage to work this on windows.

But If I use the linux host and run the qemu on it. Is that possible to run GHS-RTOS on top of qemu as a guest operating system?

Where can I find initramfs files? 

Using qemu bootloader Can I run ghs-rtos as a guest image kernal or I should use the ghs-supported bootloader?

Thanks and regards

Rizwan 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi 

The requirement is to run the qemu on windows machine and to flash the Greenhill Integrity RTOS kernal on the emulator and run the application on top it .Somehow I should manage to work this on windows.

Saish: 1. From above stmt, using Windows machine, Green Hills RTOS, Application running , how it is related to Xilinx Qemu.

2. Any Qemu emulator will come with thier own boot loader , & set of supported boards with ARCH., in first level you can not change the Boot loader

3. If you really want to change your boot loader, ther eis blog from Balau explians to change the Boot loader in Qemu, you can refer that

https://balau82.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/u-boot-for-arm-on-qemu/

It is very helpful & informatavie for getting custom boot loader on Qemu.

Provide Kudos if post is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

G Satish Kumar
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

But If I use the linux host and run the qemu on it. Is that possible to run GHS-RTOS on top of qemu as a guest operating system?

Satish : For combination of Linux kernel & GHS-RTOS I supported Zepher RTOS libaries , with that you can run GHS-RTOS on Linux kernel with emulator

Where can I find initramfs files? 

Satish: Initramfs files, download it form Xilinx initramfs wiki page, it is part of your linux uImage

Using qemu bootloader Can I run ghs-rtos as a guest image kernal or I should use the ghs-supported bootloader?

Satish:you can run the GHS-RTOS on the Qemu bot loader , but it depends which board it is , ARM Cortex A7, A9, you should choose proper Arch. supported. GHS-RTOS can run as guest os using Zypher.

you no need to use different boot loader for GHS-RTOS as it runs on Linux Kernel.

Provide Kudos if post is helpful

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

G Satish Kumar
0 Kudos
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Hi,

From above stmt, using Windows machine, Green Hills RTOS, Application running , how it is related to Xilinx Qemu.

A: I meant I am using the windows as a host system,running Xilinx sdk with prebuilt qemu in it.In that I am trying to load the software.This software is running is on GHS- RTOS in physical hardware in the sensor.

To compare the performance of the software with qemu.so, I need to run same in Xilinx qemu.

If I use linux kernal in the qemu then there will no use of comparison between physical and emulated hardware.

Today I created the fsbl from the SDK tool and tried to run it on qemu in rpu. its almost using the 2120 MB of ram but I am not able see whats happening inside and its not showing anything on command prompt.

I am attaching the scree shots please refer to them.

Thanks in advance!!

regards

Rizwan

QemuCapture.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor mrizzi
Visitor

Hey,

I apologies for asking you many questions.

I am very new to this Qemu so need to clarify many things.Now I tried to load the linux as a guest image but I couldnt see anything on qemu monitor.I tried it twice as commands given by the xilinx wiki at first attempt I got an error that "requested regions overlap" in system dtb and I tried with different address and it still running and no error but not giving any output.

can you please support me i this.

qemu.PNG
0 Kudos