UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Reset Vhdl logic from SDK application

Hi,

I want to reset my Vhdl State machine logic from SDK application before starting any data packet transaction.

I have created a custom ip and connected it to AXI-4 bus.

How to incorporate the reset signal into my custom ip and how to use it from SDK application?

Kindly help.

Regards,

mayankara

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Reset Vhdl logic from SDK application

It can be achieved through software reset. 

If you used the CIP wizard in XPS to create the custom IP, you can enable the software reset option (see the screenshot below). This will allow the peripheral to be reset from the software application. 

Screenshot-2.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Reset Vhdl logic from SDK application

HiSampatd,

I connected my custom ip to AXI-4 Bus (memory mapped). To enable the software reset, I have to enable User logic master support. After enabling user logic master support, I'm not able to use custom ip as a memory mapped interface.

I'm stuck as how to keep it as a memory mapped interface and then use reset signal from SDK application.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

mayankara

0 Kudos