UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Python Script on Zynq-7000

Hello all,

I am working with a ZC706 eval board and I am trying to run a python script that should convert incoming data packets from ethernet into peek and poke commands on the processor.  I am using Petalinux2018.3 and ubuntu 16.04.

I have the python scripts written but I am unclear on how to get the scripts onto the Zynq board and then to execute them once there.  I have already enabled python and the necessary packages via:

petalinux-config -c rootfs

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Running Python Script on Zynq-7000

HI @stephen.lindeman 

I think if you have a phython script on Sdcard, then you can simply mount your sdcard & copy to /home/root folder Then run suing below commands.

1. mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/.

2.cp -rf /mnt/file_name.py .

3. chmod 777 file_name.py

4. phython file_name.py 

Thanks & regards

Araivnd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Re: Running Python Script on Zynq-7000

Enable the python:

petalinux-config -c rootfs

• Filesystem Packages → devel →python
    • python-mmap
    • python-shell
    • python-io
    • python-distutils
    • python-pydoc

If you want to do peek and poke, you will need to do:

petalinux-config -c kernel

• kernel hacking → [] Filter access to /dev/mem

You can create a recipe to place your python files in the sysroot, or .. just copy to the SD card

and mount the SD card and execute from there.

0 Kudos