cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SATA IP SW Drivers Question

Hello,

Targeting a Zynq XC7Z045 device with the latest IntelliProp SATA IP core integrated into the system.  The Linux side looks good and the IP core shows up in the device tree correctly.  The board boots and when the FPGA is loaded we are getting a solid PHY Ready LED from the SATA drive.  Once-in-a-row today we got the Device Ready and the PHY Ready LEDs on solid. 

What I have not seen is any evidence that PetaLinux discovered the SATA drive.  It appears that all of the artifacts necessary for mdev to detect the drive are there but I never see an entry for /dev/sda.  I am searching the internet for clues but have only found details for the IntelliProp SATA bridge.  We know the bridge works because it's functional in our lab.  Noticed the IntelliProp SATA IP core does not include a software device driver.  I assume that is because the standard kernel drivers should suffice.  Is that a bad assumption or is there some other step required to get PetaLinux to see the drive?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I'm trying to integrate the same IP core too.  I've included the CONFIG_SATA_AHCI and CONFIG_ATA into the Xilinx Linux kernel.  Do I need to include CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM?

What should I put in the device tree file?

What else needs to be done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi - please contact IntelliProp.  there is now a driver (AHCI) available.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos