Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

SDK: Error while launching debugger

Hi,

While launching debugger in SDK 2013 (windows 7 64-bit platform), I'm getting the following error:

ERROR : Unexpected error while launching program. java.lang.RuntimeException: Target request failed: Warning:\nCannot insert breakpoint 1.\nError accessing memory address 0x27c: (undocumented errno -1).\n.
    at com.xilinx.sdk.debug.core.XilinxAppLaunchConfigurationDelegate.debugApplication(Unknown Source)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.debug.core.XilinxAppLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(Unknown Source)

Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

mayankara

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK: Error while launching debugger

There are a few known issues with the SDK GDB debugger.
Can you try using System Debugger ?
Reference: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_6/SDK_Doc/tasks/sdk_t_tcf_limitations_faq.htm

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

H Achutha,

I followed the steps as per the link, now, while launching it's showing the message:

SDK Linux TCF agent: Disconnected. Connection timed out.

and debugger is not getting launched.

I think TCF agent has to be there on the target platform.

While developing an application, TCF agent has to be included or it has to be there on the petalinux?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

mayankara

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What's up with this? I'd wish Xilinx employees have answered this before, I'm having the same issue.

Debugger launch hangs at 57% then: SDK Linux TCF agent: Disconnected. Connection timed out.

Regards,

Dosto

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Okay,

Anyone came here for the same reason; the solution for me was easy to forget as well as to solve: The build mode should be "Debug", not "Release".

Check this out.

Dosto

0 Kudos