cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevers
Visitor
Visitor

SSTATE-CACHE directories and Mirror

I'm working with petalinux 2018.3 create projects based off the zynqMP template. I'm interested in speeding up the build and had questions about the various sstate-cache references.

The "UG1144 PetaLinux Tools Documentation Reference Guide" state that :

• "The sstate-cache of Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC is located at: $PETALINUX/components/yocto/source/aarch64/sstate-cache"
  • "Local Mirror Servers: You can set internal mirrors on the NFS or web server which can speed up the builds. By default, PetaLinux uses sstate-cache and download mirrors from petalinux.xilinx.com. Use the following steps to work with local, NFS, or the internal webserver copy of sstate in PetaLinux. You can download the sstate from the download area along with PetaLinux."

I see a sstate-cache directory in my installed Petalinux tool at  $PETALINUX/components/yocto/source/aarch64/sstate-cache. I also see a sstate-cache directory in the build directory of my project.

Q: What is the relationship between these 2 sstate-cache directories in my tools and project directories? Is the project sstate-cache pulled from the tools sstate-cache?

Q: What is the relationship between the tools $PETALINUX/components/yocto/source/aarch64/sstate-cache and what I would be setting up in the above mentioned Local Mirror Server ?

My Projects /project-spec/configs/ includes the following default for its SSTATE configuration portion.

# Default sstate feeds ${PETALINUX}/components/yocto always added

#

CONFIG_YOCTO_LOCAL_SSTATE_FEEDS_URL=""

CONFIG_YOCTO_ENABLE_DEBUG_TWEAKS=y

CONFIG_YOCTO_NETWORK_SSTATE_FEEDS=y

#

# Network sstate feeds URL

#

CONFIG_YOCTO_NETWORK_SSTATE_FEEDS_URL="http://petalinux.xilinx.com/sswreleases/rel-v${PETALINUX_VER}/aarch64/sstate-cache"

# CONFIG_YOCTO_BB_NO_NETWORK is not set

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies