UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ykota
Observer

Set time from a server in petalinux

Hi All,

Looks like NTP (or similar libs like chrony) is not available for petalinux to set time from a linux host and maintain it correctly. My requirement involves that correct time is maintained on petalinux. Is there any utility (maybe busybox) which does this job to set time? Or should I port libraries like NTP or chrony to petalinux and use it? 

Note: I am running petalinux on Microzed

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Set time from a server in petalinux

Hi 

Petalinux doesnt have any utility for setting/getting time. You need to port supported libraries to it like NTP, if you need this support.

Best REgards

Shabbir

0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to include this support in rootfs, you can follow this link, where its explained how to add this support:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/how-to-add-ntpd-tool-to-the-rootfs-in-the-petalinux-2016-4/td-p/756473

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Visitor mooney
Visitor

I've been using rdate in PetaLinux 2015.4:

rdate -s <IP address of time server>

It works for one MicroZed, anyway;  two others are being refused by the time server.  I don't get it.

0 Kudos