cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Slow movement of a window in ubuntu desktop 16.04 on ZCU102 with Petalinux 2019.1 installed

Hello,

I managed to install Ubuntu desktop on ZCU102 board(Rev1.1) recently by using petalinux 2019.1.

Login screen showed up on my 1920x1080 and I logged in and ran "run_desktop.sh" in my home directory.

So, the ubuntu window was successfully showed up on my monitor. But a little bit weired phoenomenon occurs.

When I drag a window in the ubuntu desktop, the window is moving very slowly and the afterimage of the window

shows for  a second. So, the move of window by the mouse is difficult.

If this is the normal case, I think this system cannot be used for our project.

I just followed Xilinx wiki(https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841937/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Ubuntu+part+2+-+Building+and+Running+the+Ubuntu+Desktop+From+Sources) except using Petalinux 2019.1 and ZCU102 BSP.

Can I use the ubuntu desktop on my ZCU102 like normal Windows 10? I have used the similar desktop on zc702 board. At that

time, the desktop worked like the normal Windows 10. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Slow movement of a window in ubuntu desktop 16.04 on ZCU102 with Petalinux 2019.1 installed

Hi @bsnplus 

Do you use mali as GPU driver in X Window sysyem ?

If no, would you refer the following URL.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841928/Xilinx+MALI+driver

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Slow movement of a window in ubuntu desktop 16.04 on ZCU102 with Petalinux 2019.1 installed

Thank you.

I will consider and try it.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,where can I find run_desktop.sh? I have downloaded the latest BSP file and generated BOOT.BIN and image.ub files in pre-build directory via petaLinux. When I copy these two files to SD card and start the ZCU102 board, the screen only shows the command line GUI, I can't see the Ubuntu desktop, when I enter the root username and password to log in to the system, I find that there are a lot of commands missing, such as: apt-get, systemctl, etc., I should How to do it? Thank you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

You can find the root file system of Ubuntu Desktop, which can be installed from the source provided in Xilinx Wiki.

With the two file you mentioned, only basic linux system can be loaded on your system.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841937/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Ubuntu+part+2+-+Building+and+Running+the+Ubuntu+Desktop+From+Sources

In order to load the Ubuntu desktop, follow the steps given above link.

Take care.

0 Kudos