UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Source code of Petalinux kernel

Jump to solution

I understand Petalinux is a free software.  If so , is the source code of the kernel also available? 

Where can I see the source code of the kernel? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Source code of Petalinux kernel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Check this link

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Note sure which petalinux SDK version your are reffering?

My answer  assume you are using latest release petalinux 2013.10.

bash> cd $PETALINUX/components/linux-kernel 

This is default linux kernel (3.8) shipped with Petalinux 2013.10 

Happy browsing!!!!

Please refer this link for  further documentation.

http://xgoogle.xilinx.com/search?getfields=*&numgm=5&filter=0&proxystylesheet=support&client=support&site=Answers_Docs_Forums&getfields=*&ie=UTF-8&num=200&oe=UTF-8&output=xml_no_dtd&requiredfields=-Archived:true&show_dynamic_navigation=1&sort=date:D:...

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Check this link

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Scholar helmutforren
Scholar

Jump to solution

@htsvn , I need to see the source for the PetaLinux 2012.12 scripts and executables, the ones that are named "petalinux-*".  The github link you provided indeed has the source for the 2012.12 kernel, but that doesn't include the source that I am looking for.  Do you know where the remainder of the source might be?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The petalinux tools are not open source.  I'm not really sure why it is not but this is why I wrote my own configuration and build scripts instead of using petalinux

jeff

0 Kudos