UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer keyshavmor2611
Observer

Source of pre-configured MAC address and other variables in PetaLinux config menu

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been working with PetaLinux tools for last few months. I have noticed that whenever we run the petalinux-config command, a preset MAC address is always present, which can be altered by us in the menu-config. Does anybody know what is the source of this  pre-configured mac address and other pre-configured variables?

Regards,

Keyshav

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer keyshavmor2611
Observer

Re: Source of pre-configured MAC address and other variables in PetaLinux config menu

Jump to solution

I am afraid that is wrong. The device tree is generated by the Petalinux as per the Config. 

What I asked was quite different,the source of it. Anyway I found that out yesterday . It can be modified from the config file present in etc/template/zynqMP/configs folder. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Source of pre-configured MAC address and other variables in PetaLinux config menu

Jump to solution

Hi @keyshavmor2611 

You can see the MAC address is autogenerated device tree 

components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/system-conf.dtsi

0 Kudos
Observer keyshavmor2611
Observer

Jump to solution

I am afraid that is wrong. The device tree is generated by the Petalinux as per the Config. 

What I asked was quite different,the source of it. Anyway I found that out yesterday . It can be modified from the config file present in etc/template/zynqMP/configs folder. 

0 Kudos