Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliezer
Explorer
Explorer

Sourcing Petalinux 2020.1 results in bus errors and wipes my PATH

Jump to solution

I successfully built a project in Petalinux 2020.1 for the first time yesterday. Obviously I had no issues sourcing Petalinux then.

But now whenever I try to source Petalinux 2020.1, I see this:

$ source ~/2020.1/settings.sh
Bus error (core dumped)
Bus error (core dumped)
-bash: sed: No such file or directory
PetaLinux environment set to '/home/emiron/2020.1'
-bash: grep: No such file or directory
WARNING: /bin/sh is not bash!
bash is PetaLinux recommended shell. Please set your default shell to bash.
-bash: grep: No such file or directory
WARNING: /bin/bash is not bash!
/bin/bash is Petalinux recommended SHELL variable. Please set your SHELL variable to /bin/bash.
/home/emiron/2020.1/tools/common/petalinux//utils/petalinux-env-check: line 466: basename: command not found

After which, all my commands are broken because $PATH is completely empty.

Running Ubuntu 16.04.6. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @eliezer 

As you can see in the error messages it seems that your default shell is not Bash and Petalinux requires bash as shell. This is already documented in the UG1144

PetaLinux tools require that your host system /bin/sh is 'bash'. If you are using Ubuntudistribution and your /bin/sh is 'dash', consult your system administrator to change yourdefault system shell /bin/sh with the sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash command.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @eliezer 

As you can see in the error messages it seems that your default shell is not Bash and Petalinux requires bash as shell. This is already documented in the UG1144

PetaLinux tools require that your host system /bin/sh is 'bash'. If you are using Ubuntudistribution and your /bin/sh is 'dash', consult your system administrator to change yourdefault system shell /bin/sh with the sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash command.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

eliezer
Explorer
Explorer

That was it. I had set it to bash previously. Strangely, when I logged back in to my computer, the shell was BASH, and I didn't have this issue any more.

0 Kudos