UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor paco@itu.dk
Visitor

Trying to run hello world with terminal open, results in a crash on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Hello,

I'm new to FPGA programming and working with the ZYNQ-7000 EPP ZC702 Evaluation Kit. I'm trying to follow Zynq-7000 Embedded Design Tutorial and setup a Hello World project, and have had no major troubles up to this point. I am currently at page 32, point 13 (running the program). However when I run the program in Vitis as instructed, Vitis suddenly crashes. I've tried the same on the newest version of Ubuntu, with the exact same results.

The error log is attached to this post.

I've tried installing cable drivers in /tools/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.2/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers, however this program still crashes Vitis.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor paco@itu.dk
Visitor

Re: Trying to run hello world with terminal open, results in a crash on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

For some weird reason when I use the Vitis Serial Terminal instead it works and prints.

0 Kudos