Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Two Apps in Petalinux in v2018

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can I have two Apps in Petalinux v2018.3, one App in C and the other App in C++ ? which one will execute first ? 

How to delete one App if I need to delete one of them ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

you can ignore this message. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

See Chapter 8 on how to add custom applications:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Once the app cross compiles, then the language wont matter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @stephenm

I actually have mistakenly added a new App. I just have deleted as mentioned in page 74 of UG1144 (v2018.3)

"You can delete the app directory if it is no longer required. Apart from deleting the app
directory, you have to remove the line: IMAGE_INSTALL_append= " myapp" from
<plnx-proj-root>/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-image-full.bbappend.
Deleting the directory by keeping the mentioned line will throw an error."

I also have checked in the rootfs that the App is deleted. Then I tried to build the project and get an error that it failed to copy built images to tftp dir: /tftpboot. I don't see all the image files updated. How to fix the issue ? 

peter@peter:~/opt/xilinx/petalinux/projects/avnet-digilent-zedboard-2018.3$ petalinux-build
[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:05
Loaded 3446 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |####################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:31
Parsing of 2570 .bb files complete (2537 cached, 33 parsed). 3446 targets, 149 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: There are 1 recipes to be removed from sysroot cortexa9hf-neon, removing...
NOTE: There are 1 recipes to be removed from sysroot zedboard-zynq7, removing...
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |#################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:35
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |#########################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:16
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3098 tasks of which 3074 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.
INFO: Copying Images from deploy to images
NOTE: Failed to copy built images to tftp dir:  /tftpboot
[INFO] successfully built project

0 Kudos
Highlighted

you can ignore this message. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos