Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Two MB processors with BlueCat linux on Virtex 5

Hi,

I am trying to configure two MB processors with BlueCat linux running on both of them. How should I build the system? I am able to get one linux running but the other one do not give any output in a terminal program. Should I make first two separated XPS system for both of the processors, build a kernel for those and try to configure the dual core system to run with BlueCats?

Platform studio version is 11.2

Thanks,

pltl

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi pltl,

I once did a dual microblaze design with both processors running linux (petalogix).

they both were connected to separate mpmc memory controller ports and I configured them to have each a private area of memory (upper and lower half of the sdram).

So they didnt share any memory area, but they could communicate via a fsl link.

I used one xps design containing both processors so the Kconfig.auto gets created twice, each in the corresponding subdirectory for the 2 processors.

I then installed the petalogix distribution twice for each processor, copied over the corresponding Kconfig.auto and built the kernels separate.

Of course you could also build them one after the other by juggling with the Kconfig.auto's.

If I remember correctly for Bluecat you can set in the software platform dialog for each processor, where to save the Kconfig.auto. so you could take a similar approach.

If you find a better way, let me know.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos