UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

U-boot image not building with linux.bin

I'm building Linux targeting a Microblaze (little endian) system on a Kintex-7, using the instructions on the Xilinx Wiki.  I have CROSS_COMPILE set to microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu- and I've sourced the Xilinx cross-compilation toolchain by sourcing the settings64.sh script in the Xilinx tools installation directory.

According to the Build Kernel instructions (http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+kernel) and the Build U-boot instructions (http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+U-Boot), if the mkimage utility path is present in the build environment PATH, linux.bin.ub should be automatically built when linux.bin is built.  So, I built U-boot without any issues and added the mkimage path to the PATH variable (<u-boot-xlnx>/build/tools), then built the kernel, but only linux.bin is being built, and no linux.bin.ub.

I see the script "mkuboot.sh" in the <linux-xlnx>/scripts folder, which appears to call mkimage, but the script doesn't seem to be called (if mkimage is not present it should be printing a status message about the "mkimage" command not being found, but I don't see that in my linux build output).  What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Newbie ermisp

Re: U-boot image not building with linux.bin

Hello

I had the same issue...all i did was to include linux.bin.ub in the command line as a target:

make ARCH=microblaze CROSS_COMPILE=micro..gnu- -J 4 linux.bin.ub

After that the script was called and the file was generated.

I am working on a similar thing at the moment, if you have any questions or nice hints don't hesitate to post and PM me as i am not always following the forums

E.

0 Kudos