Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mowerj
Participant
Participant

UBoot Petalinux 2018.2 hard code environment

Jump to solution

I have a situation where I will be bringing up a 7Z045 without QSPI or any other non-volatile memory (only SD card).  I have been developing on the ZC706 using Vivado/Petalinux 2018.2 and running Debian Linaro.  I've been exploring u-boot configurations, both using the default uboot as well as external sources

petalinux-config->Linux Components Selection->u-boot->u-boot-plnx

petalinux-config->Linux Components Selection->u-boot->ext-local-source

In the first scenario (u-boot-plnx), I've tried the following in the petalinux-config -c u-boot

Environment->Select the location of the environment->Environment is not stored 

bootcmd value->mmcinfo; fatload mmc 0 0x10000000 image.ub; fatload mmc 0:1 0x23fff000 system.dtb; bootm 

Despite specifying that the environment is not stored, I still run into the error that booti does not exist, leading me to believe that u-boot is still reading the variables on the ZC706.  I then tried using the ext-local-source, (u-boot-xlnx and checking out xilinx-v2018.2) and have been sifting around there to try other things.  I notice that changing the default_bootcmd in configs/platform-auto.h did not have an effect, either.

Any help getting to a no-environment uboot would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aravindb

Hi @mowerj

If you would like to add your own u-boot environment variables, you can add in ./project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-bsp/u-boot/configs/platform-auto.h file.

"ram_boot= mmcinfo && fatload mmc ${sdbootdev} ${netstart} ${kernel_img} && bootm ${netstart}\0"

This will be shown in u-boot env, please run printenv in u-boot console. 

The command " bootcmd value->mmcinfo; fatload mmc 0 0x10000000 image.ub; fatload mmc 0:1 0x23fff000 system.dtb; bootm " is wrong.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
aravindb

Hi @mowerj

If you would like to add your own u-boot environment variables, you can add in ./project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-bsp/u-boot/configs/platform-auto.h file.

"ram_boot= mmcinfo && fatload mmc ${sdbootdev} ${netstart} ${kernel_img} && bootm ${netstart}\0"

This will be shown in u-boot env, please run printenv in u-boot console. 

The command " bootcmd value->mmcinfo; fatload mmc 0 0x10000000 image.ub; fatload mmc 0:1 0x23fff000 system.dtb; bootm " is wrong.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

johnsusitronix
Visitor
Visitor
So easy. thank you.

For other's future reference, I redefined CONFIG_PREBOOT
_kumar
Observer
Observer
Hi @aravindb,
This information resolved my problem in mins.
Thanks
0 Kudos