UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bhuelsen
Visitor

Ultrazed-EG: boot failure using rootfs on sd card (petalinux 2016.2)

Hi everyone,

currently I am approaching to boot up a petalinux with dedicated rootfs on a SD card.
I configured the petalinux project with:

Image Packaging Configuration ---> Root filesystem type = SD card

but something goes wrong at the point of mounting the root fs

The only way to bring up the system is to configure the petalinux project with:

Image Packaging Configuration ---> Root filesystem type = initramfs

The console output of both boot up scenarios are attached to this post.

As hardware setup I am using the Ultrazed-EG starter kit.
To avoid additional error sources I have used the Compressed PetaLinux BSP for Avnet Zynq system platforms as basis to create a petalinux project, without any changes. --> http://zedboard.org/support/design/17596/131
I have also considered this error:
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Error-when-rootfs-is-placed-on-SD-card/td-p/684101
because it seemed to be similar to my problem, but the described configuration does not work for me.

I have also tested different SD cards (SDCH 8 GB speed class 2, SDHC 32 GB speed class 10) and tested different configurations of the file system on the SD card (ext3/ ext4).

The attached console output was done with the following configuration of the SD card:

first partition: ~ 400 MB FAT 32
    boot.bin
    image.ub
second partition: ~ 31 GB ext4
    rootfs.cpio

I deployed the rootfs.cpio on the SD card by:

sudo pax -rvf rootfs.cpio

If you have any idea to bring up the system with a rootfs on the SD card, or if you are using the same HW setup and facing a similar problem please let me know.

Best regards,

Benjamin

0 Kudos