UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ramesh2017
Visitor

Unable to boot Kernel for zynq(zc702) using qemu simulation feature of Petalinux(Petalinux-v2017.2),host M/c(ubuntu 16.04).

Hi Xilinx Community,

i'am trying to simulate the build images using petalinux QEMU, Followed the steps as given by official website.
Was able to build U-boot (with dependent dtc) and Kernel image, For rootfs (taken ramdisk.image.gz and generated uramdisk.image.gz), But when i boot the kernel as in below line.

$ petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel

Issue is "VFS: Cannot open root device "(null)" or unknown-block(0,0): error -6" as in below attachment.    

Please help me on above issue.

Thanks in advance

With Regards
Ramesh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Unable to boot Kernel for zynq(zc702) using qemu simulation feature of Petalinux(Petalinux-v2017.2),host M/c(ubuntu 16.04).

Hey @ramesh2017,

I haven't had much luck with booting recent Xilinx kernels via Qemu using an SD image either.

The problem is that the SD data/partitions are not detected and thus the rootfs cannot be found.

Let's hope it gets fixed in future releases.

Best,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos