Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

Unable to boot linux using load address

Jump to solution

I want to boot linux from the SD card on my Xilinx Zynq Zturn board.My bif file is as follows. 

//arch = zynq; split = false; format = BIN
the_ROM_image:
{
[bootloader]C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\BOOT\fsbl.elf
C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\Encrypted-From_Disc\design_1_wrapper.bit
C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\BOOT\u-boot.elf
[load = 0x2000000]C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\Backup-SD\devicetree.dtb
[load = 0x2080000]C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\Backup-SD\uImage
[load = 0x4000000]C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\Backup-SD\uramdisk.image.gz
}

The load addresses were obtained from the config file of u-boot which was used to build u-boot. These were the default address. Nothing changed.

I generated the BOOT.bin and put it on to the SD card. But it does not boot at all. I just see black screen with fpga configured with the given bitstream.  What might be wrong? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the response. I got this working. The issue was in the uEnv.txt file. I could load u-boot but for some reason, u-boot was throwing an error "Unable to read uEnv.txt" . Later I added a custom uEnv.txt file along with BOOT.bin on SD card and I got the linux booted and running just fine as expected. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shabbirk

Hi 

Did you check whether boot mode pins are properly for SD card?

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
trigger
Voyager
Voyager

Hi,

Have you try to change ramdisk load address :

[load = 0x4000000]C:\Users\ganes\Desktop\Zturn\GPIO_Loopback\Encryption\Backup-SD\uramdisk.image.gz

dow -data uImage 0x3A00000
dow -data uramdisk.image.gz 0x2000000
dow -data zynq-board.dtb 0x3900000
dow u-boot.elf

loaduboot.jpg

0x4000000 - 0x390000 --> 7Mo max size for u-boot

You should also try to load u-boot only and test to boot before load everything else.

Keep in touch,

++

Trigger

0 Kudos
debrajr
To understand this the first option should be to turn on Debug prints in FSBL. You can go to SDK, select FSBL and add a macro -DFSBL_DEBUG_INFO. It would print the FSBL log and we can check further. If you are not getting the FSBL print also then try to use a simple hello world type application and FSBL. It should print that. If that is also not happening, then do cross verify the SD boot mode settings to see if it is fine or not. Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
kganesh90
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the response. I got this working. The issue was in the uEnv.txt file. I could load u-boot but for some reason, u-boot was throwing an error "Unable to read uEnv.txt" . Later I added a custom uEnv.txt file along with BOOT.bin on SD card and I got the linux booted and running just fine as expected. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos