Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Unable to boot petalinux for microblaze in QEMU

rsummers_0-1602696431013.png

rsummers_1-1602696903526.png

Hello,

I've been trying to build petalinux for a microblaze processor, and everything through "petalinux-build" seems to run successfully. However, when I try to run "petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel" to test the build, QEMU will run up to the point where it says "Couldn't find phandle for /memory@80000000: <no error>Invalid MicroBlaze version number: (null)", then freeze up and not do anything.

If I load the bitstream and kernel onto my board over JTAG, the loading seems to run successfully, however nothing seems to happen over the serial port, so I would suspect this is an issue with the hardware or kernel, rather than with QEMU.

As far as I can tell, 0x80000000 is the correct offset address for the MIG in the design, as shown in the attached image, and I haven't been able to find anything online or in documentation that would indicate what would cause this error, so if anybody on this forum has any insight it would be much appreciated.

If it is of any help, I'm using petalinux 2019.1 running on Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

This looks like a devicetree issue. Can you share your DTB?

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Is that the "images/linux/system.dtb" file? If so, you can find the DTB attached. I added on an extra extension because the forum attachment system did not seem to like the .dtb extension.

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hi @rsummers @stephenm,

Have you come out of this issue, because I have stuck at the same point.

Please let know the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Mallikarjun

0 Kudos