cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tscbailey
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading BSP's to work with Later versions of PetaLinux

I am trying to use the xapp1305-ps-pl-based-ethernet-solution.zip resource file to build the XAPP1305 PS GEM through EMIO solution for the zcu102 board.  I am trying to build the image using PetaLinux 2017.4 image.  

When I unpack the file to pull in the BSP file, I notice that it is built for PetaLinux 2016.4.  I am able to run the petalinux-create and petalinux-config for the project. (Albeit with the prompt asking about upgrading to 2017.4)

However, when I run petalinux-build to build the image, I get failures in u-boot and fsbl.  (so far!)  

I've looked at ug1144 but its information on upgrading versions of PetaLinux is scant at best.  

Is there a document or post that describes the process of upgrading BSP's into new PetaLinux build environments?  Or am I stuck trudging through this recipe by recipe?

Regards,

Doug Bailey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
tscbailey
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that my Noob-ness is showing.

As in Ghost Busters, don't cross the streams i.e. don't pull 2016.4 BSP's into Petalinux 2017.4

The design resource zip file has script files that allow me to use Vivado to regenerate the hardware project. It is done in 2018.1 so using 2017.4 isn't going to happen.

I need to pull the design into Vivado 2018.1 and export the HDF (with bitstream included.) That can be used to pull into a petalinux generated 2018.1 project. From there, a Linux image can be built.

0 Kudos