UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Use MDIO clause 45 on Zynq

We have a custom FMC card with an Marvell 88Q2112 Single Pair Ethernet Phy, which is configurable via MDIO. Unlike most phy only understands clause 45 MDIO.

I build my Image with Yocto and already tried several Kernels 4.14 and 4.19. Xilinx-Rebase in both cases. I read that MDIO clause 45 has to be supported by the MDIO driver and the mac driver, that's why i tried to apply a patch for supporting Clause 45 in macb driver. (https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/project/lkml/list/?submitter=25241).

Are there any other points I'll have to check?

The phy is connected to ethernet1 via the gmii2rgmii IP from xilinx. However, I don't even know if this IP is able to handle Clause 45 MDIO communication correctly, because the IP is on the same bus.

I tried several variants of the devicetree, always with the compatible = "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c45". I tried to put the phy node directly into the ethernet node and to create a seperate mdio bus, together with the gmii2rgmii IP. 

I'm looking forward for every suggestion!

Best Regards
Franz

0 Kudos