UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mcmontague
Observer

Using Android images built for the ZC702 on the ZC706?

Jump to solution

I am wondering if it is possible to use the prebuilt Android images from iVeia http://git.iveia.com/support on the ZC706. These binaries are stated to be for the ZC702. However, since the processor is the same on both of these boards, I don't see why this should not be possible.

The files that iVeia provides include:

BOOT.BIN (first stage boot loader and FPGA bitstream)

zImage (Linux kernel) 

devicetree.dtb ("Device Tree Blob")

init.sh (start up script)

uramdisk.image.gz (Linux ramdisk)

root_fs.tar.gz  (root file system)

Looking at this list, it seems like all of these are ARM specific should run on the ZC706 except possibly the BOOT.BIN since it contains the FPGA bitstream. 

Does this seem correct?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Using Android images built for the ZC702 on the ZC706?

Jump to solution
you can expect fsbl to be different as memory configuration is different (I think). Also there might other device differences between 702 & 706 boards (ie where uarts are connected, how many usbs etc) which might causes differences in the device tree. FPGA bitstream is definitely going to be different.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
you can expect fsbl to be different as memory configuration is different (I think). Also there might other device differences between 702 & 706 boards (ie where uarts are connected, how many usbs etc) which might causes differences in the device tree. FPGA bitstream is definitely going to be different.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer mcmontague
Observer

Jump to solution

OK, thanks for the info.

0 Kudos