UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Using Gstreamer in SDK

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to develop an application which uses gstreamer library in SDK, but I don't find the way to add properly the paths.

What I've done so far:

- Build petalinux with the gstreamer library and populate sdk sysroot folder.

- Add sysroot folder path to project settings-> miscellaneous:

--sysroot="/home/user/hdl/dev/Petalinux/uz7ev_evcc_sd_oob_2018_2/images/linux/sdk/sysroots/aarch64-xilinx-linux"

- Add paths to "Directories" and "Libraries" in project settings:

Untitled.jpg

Everything builds fine till I added the next function:

gst_app_src_set_caps(GST_APP_SRC(appsrc), caps);

I've got the next error:

/home/user/hdl/dev/src/sdk/vlu2_ximea_gstreamer_test/Debug/../src/CameraTest.c:90: undefined reference to `GST_APP_SRC'
makefile:36: recipe for target 'vlu2_ximea_gstreamer_test.elf' failed
/home/user/hdl/dev/src/sdk/vlu2_ximea_gstreamer_test/Debug/../src/CameraTest.c:90: undefined reference to `gst_app_src_set_caps'

The weird thing is that if I click on  "GST_APP_SRC" or "gst_app_src_set_caps" goes to the file and I can see they are defined. So I think I've got something wrong in the setup or lib paths ....

Does anyone know how to setup properly gstreamer lib to work in SDK?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Using Gstreamer in SDK

Jump to solution

I've finally got it working,  it looks like there's not much information about gstreamer in sdk so I hope this solution helps to someone else in the future.

To fully use gstreamer lib components/plugins in SDK it will be necesary to add the next libraries:

Untitled.jpg

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Try adding the library too. 

Right click on the app, and C/C++ Build Settings:

libs.PNG

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @stephenm , thanks for your reply and suggestion but I forgot to mention that I had already added the libraries:

Gstreamer-1.0

Glib-2.0

and unfortunately it doesn't help...

Any more ideas?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I've finally got it working,  it looks like there's not much information about gstreamer in sdk so I hope this solution helps to someone else in the future.

To fully use gstreamer lib components/plugins in SDK it will be necesary to add the next libraries:

Untitled.jpg

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Great, Thanks for getting back here.

0 Kudos