UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ltovey
Observer

Using shared libraries with microblaze and microblaze_v2.0

People,

I have been developing code for the microblaze processor, compiling with the -static option for some time now, and it works properly.  How would I go about compiling code non statically?  If I compile without the -static option it doesn't run on my embedded system.  I assume that I need to copy some shared libraries over to my microblaze file system, but If I run ldd on it, it says, "not a dynamic executable."  Is that because I am running ldd from the PC host and not the embedded microblaze target?  Where do I find the shared libraries that I need?  How are these libraries ties to the compiler?  Can I compile new libraries like uClibc and use thoese?  How would I do that for microblaze?

Also, does anyone know what has been changed in the xldk/microblaze_v2.0 tool chain from v1.0?

Thanks for any help.

-L. Tovey

0 Kudos