UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor tbarrett
Visitor

XADC with Pentalinux on microzed board

Try as I might I haven't been able to locate a good explanation/tutorial that will tell me how to modify a bsp so that I can use the external ADC channels to read analog voltages.  The closest thing I've been able to find so far is Part 182 of Adam Taylor's MicroZed Chronicles.  However, that post does not use Linux.

Hopefully I could start with the hardware and device tree that is currently running on my petalinux box.  I don't think that I want to start with a whole new Vivado project because I would still like to use the devices that are already specified in my Petalinux such as SPI and I2C.  I'd just like to add the XADC capability.

Instruction on how to do this and generate whatever device tree and drivers required would be very useful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: XADC with Pentalinux on microzed board

Hi @tbarrett

Since you wish to smoke external aux inputs you will need to have the block instantiated in your pl bitstream. 

I don't think there is another way around it in the device tree... 

For an uninstantiated xadc there is the ps apb interface but when this is the case there is no scope to enable aux inputs 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor tbarrett
Visitor

Re: XADC with Pentalinux on microzed board

Well thank you for trying, but you must misunderstand my state of development.  I don't know how to build the bit and hdf for using the xadc, nor do I know how to generate the drivers and device tree to use them.  I also would like to keep the devices that are built by the petalinux system.

Unfortunately your response to me gets me no closer in knowing how to do this. I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish this using the app note XAPP1183 and the blog entry Part 183 of the MIcroZed Chronicles, but there pretty huge leaps in the process and I'm having a hard time.

0 Kudos