UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer rshumate
Observer

XAPP 1078 (Linux/Baremetal) 2014.4 Changes

Jump to solution

I am attempting to run a Baremetal Application in an AMP configuration based on the XAPP 1078 for the MicroZed. A bitstream is also programed which is handling various things, specfically using the ADC. When we run the Baremetal Application as a standalone Application, everything works great. However, as soon as I move the program to CPU1 and add Linux, the program is no longer behaving correctly. The Main issue is the ADC that we are using is configured to be Event Driven, but when we probe it with a scope, it appears to be set in continuous mode. The only difference between the applications is the addition of Linux and the modified CPU1 BSP.

Looking at the changelog on the XAPP 1078 Latest Information Wiki, the only change that I see that wold be causing the issue is that CPU1 is using the SCU timer now instead of the Global Timer. Why would switching from a standalone application to an AMP confiuration make the ADC be driven continuosuly instead of event driven as it is supposed to be configured?

Thank you for your help!

Ryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XAPP 1078 (Linux/Baremetal) 2014.4 Changes

Jump to solution

My first thought is that both Linux and cpu1 are trying to control the xadc.

Check the devicetree to see if Linux is using the xadc. If so, a quick test would be to remove xadc from the devicetree.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

My first thought is that both Linux and cpu1 are trying to control the xadc.

Check the devicetree to see if Linux is using the xadc. If so, a quick test would be to remove xadc from the devicetree.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer rshumate
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you,

I didn't think about this. I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos