UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor skidaddytn
Visitor

XSDK 2018.3 and quad spi trouble (spi_nor.c)

We recently switched our nor flash part from a Micron n25q128a to a Cypress S25FL127S.   While both parts were supported by linux in 2016.4 (via the spi_nor.c interface), only the Micron now works with 2018.3.   This is probably due to something recently broken in the newer linux spi_nor.c interface.  The cypress part has trouble verifying a "flashcp" command.

We installed custom drivers from Cypress (linux-4.14.0-cy-snor-v18.4.zip) and the patch went in successfully.  Now *some* things work in linux (jffs2), but flashcp still broken.  

I'm guessing that the Mtd utilities must also be rebuilt/modfied?  I cannot find their source code anywhere in the build folder.   Are these mtd utilities only distributed in BINARY form from Xilinx?   Cypress also included a patch for flash_erase.c (which I cannot find either)..     How would one go about changing these petalinux commands?

0 Kudos