UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Xilinx DRM KMS HDMI Source Code

Hey, I am looking for an example of how to stream video data in RAM to HDMI output on ZCU104 board (with FB Read, HDMI TX, and Video PHY). It looks like there is a video_cmd application that is supposed to do this, but it seems like it is only being distributed in binary. I was wondering if there was source code for video_cmd that I could look at or if there is another example of how to use Linux software to coordinate the DMA transaction to get the video data into the PL to the HDMI output.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx DRM KMS HDMI Source Code

Hi @johnfrye11 ,

It is included in the the project files from the wiki page. 

1. https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/33128528/HDMI+FrameBuffer+Example+Design+2018.3

step2.PNG 

2. Enter your username and password. 

step3.PNG

3. Download the source files

step4.PNG

4. Unzip and browse to get the source file

step5.PNG

Explorer
Explorer

Will this solution work running on APU on ZCU104? I know that there is a Silicon Labs chip at the end of the pipeline that I wasn't sure was on the ZCU102 or if this software needs to account for it.

Also a major source of confusion for me is why the app is not built into the PetaLinux distribution. Why is it compiled separately. I am used to building apps that show up in /usr/bin or a directory like that in the filesystem the PetaLinux tools generates.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

here you able to accomplish the video write to the o/p

0 Kudos