UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor miladmoo7
Visitor

[Yocto] Getting framebuffer and video out of Displayport on ZynqMP

Hi there.

I'm using Yocto to build linux operating systems for ZynqMP. I've been able to build a core-image-x11 image and boot the OS. However when I try to run "xinit" command to start the X, it says no /dev/fb0 is found which means there is no fb0 in /dev/.

I was wondering if you could walk me through the right procedure in order to get video output from the display port. Primarily how to build a /dev/fb0 entity and how to redirect the video stream using Mali 400 GPU. 

I did some digging and it seems I need to add Xilinx DRM driver, Mali GPU driver and some nodes in the devicetree and I'm not sure anymore how it will work out.

I am almost clueless about the situation and I would be more than grateful if someone could help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [Yocto] Getting framebuffer and video out of Displayport on ZynqMP

Hi,

I'm also doing some similar work.

To enable Xilinx DRM driver you need to run petalinux-config -c kernel, and enable it in Device Drivers->Graphics support->Xilinx DRM

There is also an option "ARM Mali Display Processor" under the same config hierachy. I guess you can try enable that too.

Hope it helped .

Regards,
Kang
Visitor miladmoo7
Visitor

Re: [Yocto] Getting framebuffer and video out of Displayport on ZynqMP

Thanks for your answer.

I am trying to avoid meta-petalinux and get everything working through Yocto. Is there anyway that I could add Xilinx DRM to my linux-yocto kernel? Oh and also adding Xilinx DRM will create the /dev/fb0/ entity for me or I need to do some more?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos