Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Yocto not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I tried building linux-xilinx for zedboard using Yocto, in a configuration already verified for BeagleBone.

I addedd the "meta-xilinx" to the Yocto "poky" directory, and added it to the BB layers. Anyway when I run bitbake I get the following error:

$ bitbake  meta-toolchain

WARNING: Host distribution "Debian-7.5" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |############################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00
Loaded 1227 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################################################################################| Time: 00:00:00
Parsing of 868 .bb files complete (867 cached, 1 parsed). 1227 targets, 62 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
ERROR: No recipes available for:
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross_7.7.bbappend
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb_7.7.bbappend
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross-canadian_7.7.bbappend
  /calcul/yocto/poky/meta-xilinx/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu_2.0.0.bbappend
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

What is it?

Thanks,

Michele

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Yocto not working

Jump to solution

Hi Michelle,

This error can be easily resolved.

The meta-linux layer depends on the poky layer. The poky layer contains the main gdb-cross_x.x.bb recipe. A corresponding gdb-cross_x.x*.bbappend in the meta-xilinx layer will append to the recipes in the poky layer.

In this case, your poky and meta-xilinx branches may not be matched, and the gdb-cross_7.7.bb recipe might have been updated to a newer version, hence the .bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer fails for that particular recipe version.

A quick way to resolve this error is to either:

01. Check out the correct branch for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers.

The daisy branch is the latest (1.6), the dora branch is the previous release (1.5).

git checkout -b daisy --track remotes/origin/daisy

or 

git checkout -b dora --track remotes/origin/dora

for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers, and then try to do a 

$ bitbake core-image-minimal

This will build the toolchain, kernel and root filesystem.

02. Delete the offending *.bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer.

Review what the .bbappends are doing, though, since it might be adding support for microblaze to gdb, etc.

You should subscribe to the meta-xilinx mailing list, since most of the people from Xilinx who maintain the meta-xilinx layer actively participate on the mailing list.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-xilinx

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Michelle,

This error can be easily resolved.

The meta-linux layer depends on the poky layer. The poky layer contains the main gdb-cross_x.x.bb recipe. A corresponding gdb-cross_x.x*.bbappend in the meta-xilinx layer will append to the recipes in the poky layer.

In this case, your poky and meta-xilinx branches may not be matched, and the gdb-cross_7.7.bb recipe might have been updated to a newer version, hence the .bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer fails for that particular recipe version.

A quick way to resolve this error is to either:

01. Check out the correct branch for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers.

The daisy branch is the latest (1.6), the dora branch is the previous release (1.5).

git checkout -b daisy --track remotes/origin/daisy

or 

git checkout -b dora --track remotes/origin/dora

for both the poky and meta-xilinx layers, and then try to do a 

$ bitbake core-image-minimal

This will build the toolchain, kernel and root filesystem.

02. Delete the offending *.bbappend from the meta-xilinx layer.

Review what the .bbappends are doing, though, since it might be adding support for microblaze to gdb, etc.

You should subscribe to the meta-xilinx mailing list, since most of the people from Xilinx who maintain the meta-xilinx layer actively participate on the mailing list.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-xilinx

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Elvis,

I switched the meta-xilinx layer to daisy branch (like poky) and the compilation is launched correctly.

Best regards,

Michele

0 Kudos