Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayas257
Contributor
Contributor

Yocto petalinux build

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to build petalinux image in yocto, I came across a weird issue unable to figure out. Issue is when I create a fitimage with custome kernerl module I get image size as 30mb, but of I add kernel module, the size goes by 100 mb i.e. 130 MB. Can any one help figure out what mistake I have made..

PS: only rootfs size is increasing

Thanks & Regards,

Kayas Ahmed

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kayas257
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

After digging little more into the issue, I found that when I include any kernel module, /boot folder is populated with all the kerne imagel in rootfs , which is causing it to increase the size..

How do we tell yocto not to include any kernel images in /boot directory, any idea?

--updated

I did solve the problem by adding post_rootfs_processing

Thanks & Regards,

Kayas Ahmed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

can you post your fit image please?

Also, you can see the one that is generated by petalinux in the work folder, and compare

0 Kudos
kayas257
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @stephenm 

I did compare with image generated with petalunux, but petalinux generates smaller image like 43 mb campared to what i am generating from yocto.

I feel issue is because of kernel modules, when I add them like IMAGE_APPEND_INSTALL="kernel_module" the image size increases(fitimage).

Thanks & Regards,

Kayas Ahmed

0 Kudos
kayas257
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

After digging little more into the issue, I found that when I include any kernel module, /boot folder is populated with all the kerne imagel in rootfs , which is causing it to increase the size..

How do we tell yocto not to include any kernel images in /boot directory, any idea?

--updated

I did solve the problem by adding post_rootfs_processing

Thanks & Regards,

Kayas Ahmed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos