UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor suddala.s
Visitor

ZCU 104 : USB CDC class unable to detect

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am trying to connect a micro usb IMU sensor to Zcu 104 eval board working on petalinux. In a Linux PC the same IMU sensor is getting detected as CDC data class to a ttyACM device and i tried the same thing here to include CDC class in petalinux by following the below link

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841624/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+USB+CDC+Device+Class+Design+Example+Techtip

after booting the board with the generated image. My USB port on the Zcu104 cannot power up the IMU sensor that is connected to it .

My target is to transmit IMU data(connected to Zcu104 through USB) countinuously to Zcu104 and read data received .

Can some one help me resolving the issue ?

Please correct me if my approach is wrong.

Thanks,

Sai

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ZCU 104 : USB CDC class unable to detect

Jump to solution

HI @suddala.s 

ZCU104 board does support only HOST mode and NOT the USB device mode.

So you canot use the cdc class.

Refer this user guide (section:USB 3.0 Transceiver and USB 2.0 ULPI PHY ) :https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu104/ug1267-zcu104-eval-bd.pdf

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Replies

Jump to solution

HI @suddala.s 

ZCU104 board does support only HOST mode and NOT the USB device mode.

So you canot use the cdc class.

Refer this user guide (section:USB 3.0 Transceiver and USB 2.0 ULPI PHY ) :https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu104/ug1267-zcu104-eval-bd.pdf

Thanks & regards

Aravind

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Visitor suddala.s
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi aravind,

Thanks a lot for your reply and i can able to detect my sensor as USB CDC class in ZCU104 board by configuring as host mode and no i am trying to read the device node (/dev/ttyACMx) and store the data in a buffer but unsucessfull so far, Can you give any inputs ?.

Thanks in advance,

Sai

0 Kudos