UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie rfpixels

ZCU111 RFSoC access via rftool at TCP port 8081 via netcat

According to Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC RF Data Converter Evaluation Tool (ZCU111) [UG1287], the rftool process running on the ZCU111 is listening on TCP port 8081 for commands from the GUI application. Trying to bypass the GUI application and write commands directly using netcat. Sure enough, nc <ip.address> 8081 connects, but no response comes to any command. Perhaps the rftool code isn't recognizing newlines. Anyone else attempt this? Any tips or suggestions?

Also rftool source code shows some logging, but that doesn't seem to be activated by default. Any suggestions about how to activate those logs?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ZCU111 RFSoC access via rftool at TCP port 8081 via netcat

I'm facing the same issue. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ZCU111 RFSoC access via rftool at TCP port 8081 via netcat

Update:

The rftool running on the ARM core of the RFSoC requires two open TCP connections: a data connection on port 8082, followed by a control connection on port 8081. So, you need to open these sockets in this order.

Next, on port 8081, go ahead and issue all the control commands that you want. You can look at the GUI (the LabVIEW executable) to see what commands have been executed.

Now, you can issue all the data commands (read/write) that you want, on port 8082. You can also issue additional control commands to re-configure if needed.

When you're done, you need to issue a "disconnect" command on port 8081

Finally, close the two sockets.

I've attached the MATLAB code that I used to do this. It's a simple class.

You execute as follows:

mysdr=sdr();

mysdr = mysdr.open('192.168.1.44'); % This is the IP address of my ZCU111 board

Happy hacking!

0 Kudos