UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor angel_rm
Visitor

[Zedboard] Linux on cpu0 busy when bare metal app on cpu1 starts.

Jump to solution

I have a linux running on cpu0 and a bare metal app on cpu1. This app consist in basic program that flash a led when a switch generate an interrupt. I use a Zedboard.
I boot the system correctly and linux works fine. The problem is that when a i start the app on cpu1 (i use the command rwmem.elf 0xfffffff0 0x18000000) the app works fine and if you move the switch on zedboard leds are on and off correctly but the linux doesn't work, terminal is busy a doesn't response.
How can i do that cpu1 works on zedboard and linux continue working on the terminal? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor angel_rm
Visitor

Re: [Zedboard] Linux on cpu0 busy when bare metal app on cpu1 starts.

Jump to solution

Solved! I use the PPI and not SPI for the bare-metal app and everything works correctly. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor angel_rm
Visitor

Jump to solution

Update:

If i mark the compiler flag -DUSE_AMP=1, app on CPU1 starts and linux continues working but interruptions on app_cpu1 don't work.

How can i do that interrupts works on cpu1 and linux works on cpu0 at the same time?? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
If I remember right the GIC driver in Linux allocates all interrupts to the CPU running Linux. I think this XAPP below addresses that.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1078-amp-linux-bare-metal.pdf

Thanks
John
0 Kudos
Visitor angel_rm
Visitor

Jump to solution

Solved! I use the PPI and not SPI for the bare-metal app and everything works correctly. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos