UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor johnj65
Visitor

Zynq-7000 using RedHat

Hello, I'm currently evaluating the Zynq-7000 board and wondering if anyone has installed Red Hat linux as the primary operating system for this specific board? Thanks, John
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Zynq-7000 using RedHat

@johnj65 There are lot of users, what happend? do you see any issue?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor johnj65
Visitor

No issues at this time. I'm trying to understand which RHEL version can be installed or even if it's possible. I'm still reading the hardware docmentation and trying to determine the limitations. Thanks, John
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@johnj65 Here is the list for Vivado 2015.2

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

forum.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @johnj65

Also consider below OS (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/petalinux2015_2/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf) as well if you plan to use petalinux:

petalinux.PNG

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor johnj65
Visitor

Thanks for the information!!! The reason the team is looking at RHEL option is mainly to do with IA requirements on the program. Thanks again, John
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@johnj65 Ok, close this thread.

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie newbie_fh

Re: Zynq-7000 (myRIO 1900)

hello, I'm currently studying systems engineering (newbie) and I have to try to program the fpga on NI myRIO-1900 (xilinx zynq-7000), without LabView. is this possible? I found nothing in internet or in myRIO-documentation, no answer to my question... can anybody help me? best regards

0 Kudos
Visitor dtesone
Visitor

I am trying to resurrect this thread as I do not believe it was ever answered. The question posed (which I also have) is "Zynq-700 using RedHat" or reworded..."Has anyone been able to install and run Red Hat on the ARM instead of Petalinux?" The replies were geared to whether or not the tools could be installed on Red Hat and did not answer the question. I have looked at this link: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/3rd+Party+Operating+Systems#x3rd and notice Red Hat is nowhere to be found, but I wonder if anyone has done this? I know Red Hat officially announced in Nov 2017 a release for ARM...has there been any attempt to get this to work on a Zynq (specifically Zynq-7000)?  If not directly supported...are there "backdoor" approaches that may work?  Such as running a hypervisor like Xen on the UltraScale+ (or better yet if there is a way to get it to work on Zynq-7000) and installing Red Hat as a virtual machine? We have strong customer requests for Red Hat on the ARM and I would like to answer the customer accurately regarding whether or not it is do-able.  Currently most of our hardware is using Zynq-7000 but if that is a no go..we may entertain designing a board with an UltraScale+ Thanks!