UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zynq 7020 Linux compilation procedure

HI

I am new to Peta Linux and Zynq 7020 environment. As of now I am able to download and install Peta Linux SDK installer.

Further how do I clone u-boot, Linux git link is required.

Procedure to build u-boot, Linux and generate dtb, rootfs same steps are required.

Please support.

Thanks

Umamahesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq 7020 Linux compilation procedure

Hi @umamahesh,

Please check this Xilinx wiki page:   http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/PetaLinux+Getting+Started\

also refer the below tutorial:

https://assil.me/2017/10/24/building-a-petalinux-project.html

read more in ug1144 guide https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @umamahesh

OSL flow: 

To fetch source codes refer this link:http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Fetch+Sources

export tool chain path

export PATH=$PATH:/proj/petalinux/petalinux-v2017.4_daily_latest/petalinux-v2017.4-final/tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ export ARCH=arm export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- xilinx_zynq_defconfig make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j4 zImage make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- UIMAGE_LOADADDR=0x8000 uImage make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- zynq-zc702.dtb

you can power on the board and stop at u-boot and run below commands.

mmc dev 0 && mmcinfo && load mmc 0 0x2080000 uImage && load mmc 0 0x2000000 system.dtb && load mmc 0 0x4000000 rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot && bootm 0x2080000 0x4000000 0x2000000

Petalinux build steps:

source petalinux-v2017.3_daily_latest/petalinux-v2017.3-final/settings.sh

petalinux-create -t project -s ../xilinx-zc702-v2017.3-final.bsp cd xilinx-zc702-2017.3/ petalinux-config petalinux-build

petalinux-package --boot --fsbl images/linux/zynq_fsbl.elf --fpga images/linux/design_1_wrapper.bit  --u-boot

copy boot images(Image.ub & BOOT.BIN) from images/linux/ to SD card.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your reply. Initially I tried my installation on Ubuntu 18.04, installed peta Linux installer 2018.1 and I created project successfully. When I tried petalinux-build got following error

[INFO] sourcing bitbake

ERROR: Failed to source bitbake

ERROR: Failed to config project

ERROR: Get hw description Failed

Above issues got resolved in Ubuntu 16.04, but complete build was successful after generating fsbl separately like

petalinux-build -c bootloader

and then

petalinux-build.

Further can you help me how to build a custom driver (both kernel and userspace module) outside the kernel source and package it to single image.

Also how to build the entire source when there is a change in fpga bit file.

Thanks

Umamahesh

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Srikanth,

Do I need to clone all the individual separately? with petalinux-build it can be accomplished right.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Umamahesh

0 Kudos