UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Zynq + Petalinux reserve a DDR memory region

Jump to solution
Hi David,

I could be when you try to perform DMA to ddr at that moment Linux is using that part of memory.

What i had done i built the Linux kernel with my own hardware design and developed DMA driver. Then I performed whole DMA transactions in Linux.

I also tried to do like you are doing but I didn’t got any success. So I decide to use Linux and developed kernel drivers.

Another thing Linux reads and writes to virtual addresses while bearmetal with DMA uses actual address. That could be the cause of problem.

Make sure you are reading acutal address space in Linux. You can also see the memory registers after written through DMA there was a option in xsdk.

It will give you more clues.

Regards
Abbas
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The DMA is a shared resource.

If you don't have a clear hand shaking between to access it, you might run in to troubles?!.

Additionally, you might as well having caching issues.

I had caching issues while moving data between from one core to the other using the DDR (but no DMA transfer).

Hope this helps.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Observer davirol
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks @abbascit,giona.imperatori@phonak.com for the help. We'll try to figure out what can be happening.

Regards

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I'm trying the solution, but I wonder where  the dts file is. 

I add usb with changing ./project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi

It is  petalinux 2018.2, 

how to do "altering the devicetree in the boot partition"?

0 Kudos