UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer koolscooby
Observer

Zynq UltraScale+ Live Video Input/Output

Hi All, 

The DisplayPort Subsystem has live vide input and output ports from the PL for enabling live video overlays/previews. I have successfully got the HSYNC and VSYNC to toggle (on the live video output) but I can't get a framebuffer to output any pixel data to the live video pixel output. I am not using the DisplayPort Source Controller. Here is the path that we want to use: 

Inline image 1

The PL has a parallel TFT LCD connected. We have verified with an ILA in the PL that only HSYNC/VSYNC toggle. 

Any advice? Has anyone successfully gotten the Blended Video to PL to work?

6 Replies

Re: Zynq UltraScale+ Live Video Input/Output

Hi @koolscooby,

Sorry you had no response when you have written this post. I missed this thread.

Do you have any updates on this?

In case you still have issues:

Are you trying to use both the live input and output? Do you have any output on the DP controller?

Best Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Observer koolscooby
Observer

Hi @florentw,

Thanks for the followup. We were NOT using DisplayPort on the GTR(s). We got this to work by commenting some lines out of the DP/DRM drivers and loading them anyway. It's still not clear how much of the DP/DRM subsystem driver(s) are required to enable the functionality - but we did get something to work. It would be great if those driver(s) had a device tree flag for "live-vid-only" or something. 

In our use case, we were only trying to use the live video output from a linux framebuffer - but I could see where taking live video input and having alpha blending, etc - would be a useful and valid use case. 

Best, 

Brad

Hi @koolscooby,

Yes as far as I know, the current Xilinx driver does not support live output only so modifying the driver is probably the right way to go. It might be implemented later

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Visitor radimsosty
Visitor

Hello @koolscooby,

Could you share the changes you made in DP/DRM drivers, please? I'm struggling with the similar problem.

Thanks,

Radim

Adventurer
Adventurer

@koolscooby@florentw,

Can we please get an elaborated response on this?  This is highly demanded feature, and needs to be fleshed out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer ema1905
Observer

Could you share your DP/DRM subsystem driver modifications?
Thank you
0 Kudos