UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jan.budroweit
Observer

Zynq Xilinx Release running builded Application

Hey Folks,

Iam working with the Zedboard and trying to run a simple linux as operating system. Therefor i downloaded and prepared the latest Xilinx Zynq Release http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+2014.3+Release. Since there is no chance to build c-code on this system i builded an this application with a cross-compiler for the ARM. I copied the whole directory with the builded file to the Rootfilesystem of the released linux and tried to run this application without success.

after adding the correct rights:

root@zynq:/usr/src/libiio/examples# ls -al
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Oct 22  2014 .
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root          1024 Oct 22  2014 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 22  2014 .gitignore
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 22  2014 Makefile
-rwxr--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 22  2014 ad9361-iiostream
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 22  2014 ad9361-iiostream.c
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 22  2014 ad9361-iiostream.o
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 22  2014 iio-monitor.c

i try to run this application as normal user and super-user

root@zynq:/usr/src/libiio/examples# ./ad9361-iiostream
root@zynq:/usr/src/libiio/examples#

unfortunately nothing happes, as you can see..

Does anyboy can help me? Is it possible to install the compiler and make operator on this simple pre-builded xilinx linux?

Thanks

Jan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zynq Xilinx Release running builded Application

Hi Jan,

It is possible to do native compiling rather than cross compiling but I would not recommend that path for a newbie if that's the case.

I would recommend getting the build process working with a simple hello world app first to verify all works then move back to your app.  

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

A few thoughts on what might go wrong:

What x-compiler are you using? Unless you use the once coming from Xilinx, chances are that it is incompatible with the rootfs due to hardfloat vs. softfloat libs.

What libraries does your application need? If you include a bunch of fancy libraries, those are likely not present on the rootfs. You'd have to deploy those as well or statically link your application.

0 Kudos
Observer jan.budroweit
Observer

Hey guys,

thanks four your quick reply. I can run a ubuntu nano os on the zynq and be able to build and run these application on it. Of cause there are some libraries the programm reference on, but i i builded all these ones as well. Let me give you some more information about what my programm looks like and which guide i used.

Guide: http://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-software/libiio

Directory with applications: https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/libiio/

as i told, i copied the whole libiio-directory (which was already builde by make and the correct compiler for the ARM) to the rootfs of the pre-builded release of xilinx, but it is not able to run these programms like on the nano ubuntu os.

0 Kudos