Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salahuddin_93
Visitor
Visitor

Zynq - parameter storage

Jump to solution

I'm working on my first project concerning a Zynq Soc and this carrier board. I want to save some parameters coming from different sensors into a storage (SQL) inside the Zynq that can be obtained from a tablet. Where should I start, and how can I save parameters into a database? Is it a good idea to use Linux in processing system to handle the database?

Thank you! :)

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
milosoftware
Scholar
Scholar

If you want the storage to persist during power-down, just put the database in NAND using UBIFS as underlying filesystem.

Otherwise, most SQL engines support databases in RAM, of you can simply store it all on /tmp/ or so.

If you want SQL storage, running Linux is a good choice, as it will perform better than on a real-time OS for example.

If you're unwilling to disclose what you're actually trying to build, that's about all the advise I can give you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Check if you can use the BRAM's in the PL side of the logic for data/parameter storage?

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
milosoftware
Scholar
Scholar

If you want the storage to persist during power-down, just put the database in NAND using UBIFS as underlying filesystem.

Otherwise, most SQL engines support databases in RAM, of you can simply store it all on /tmp/ or so.

If you want SQL storage, running Linux is a good choice, as it will perform better than on a real-time OS for example.

If you're unwilling to disclose what you're actually trying to build, that's about all the advise I can give you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
salahuddin_93
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, thanks for the reply. It would be nice to keep the parameters even during power-down. My plan is to build the kernel and u-boot into the QSPI flash. (I'm using the Trenz Electronic TE0720). While the parameters will be stored inside the NAND flash. Do I need to build the linux kernel, u-boot and other drivers from scratch or can they be found anywhere on the web?

0 Kudos