UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Zynq u-Boot Support of Micrel KSZ9031

Jump to solution

We are booting  a custom board with a Micrel KSZ9031 transceiver using standard u-boot. We are able to get to the u-boot prompt, ethernet linked and seemed to receive packets but would not transmit. I checked the device tree and noticed that we were set for the default

compatible = "cdns,zynq-gem", "cdns,gem";

But if I override it with what it should be (which from the forum here, I have come to believe should be)

compatible = "micrel,ksz9031";

Then no ethernet device is identified at all. 

My u-boot config includes the necessary

CONFIG_PHY_MICREL=y

CONFIG_PHY_MICREL_KSZ90X1=y

So I am still missing something - probably in the device tree, my gut tells me.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zynq u-Boot Support of Micrel KSZ9031

Jump to solution

Well, the problem turned out to be signal integrity. The Micrel part was able to negotiate a link to 1G and even to receive packets at 1G but failed to transmit at 1G. When I throttled the system down to 100Mb it was all good. There you go.

I would note that on the version of u-boot (and Linux) that I was using specifying

was a mistake and the default 

is what is needed to properly ID the PHY

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Zynq u-Boot Support of Micrel KSZ9031

Jump to solution

Well, the problem turned out to be signal integrity. The Micrel part was able to negotiate a link to 1G and even to receive packets at 1G but failed to transmit at 1G. When I throttled the system down to 100Mb it was all good. There you go.

I would note that on the version of u-boot (and Linux) that I was using specifying

was a mistake and the default 

is what is needed to properly ID the PHY

0 Kudos